591 Arabic Proverbs.
1. A bite from a lion is better the look of envy.
2. A book is like a garden carried in the pocket.
3. A chameleon does not leave one tree until he is sure of another.
4. A change is as good as a rest.
5. A debacle demolishes the will.
6. A foolish man may be known by six things: Anger without cause, speech without profit, change without progress, inquiry without object, putting trust in a stranger, and mistaking foes for friends.
7. A friend advises in his interest, not yours.
8. A god-given beauty needs no beautician.
9. A good advice is part of the Religion..
10. A horse can trip.
11. A horse of good breed is not dishonored by his saddle.
12. A horse that will not carry a saddle must have no oats.
13. A horse which is tamed at forty is only good for resurrection day.
14. A house divided cannot stand.
15. A known mistake is better than an unknown truth.
16. A lion on me and an ostritch in war.
17. A lot got the crow to his mother.
18. A monkey that amuses me is better than a deer astray.
19. A mosquito can make the lion's eye bleed.
20. A mother is a school, preparing her is like preparing a good nation.