129 Arabian Proverbs
1. A book is a garden carried in the pocket.
2. A book is like a garden carried in the pocket.
3. A book that remains shut, is but a block.
4. A friend is known when needed.
5. A kind word can attract even the snake from his nest.
6. A little and a little, collected together, becomes a great deal; the heap in the barn consists of single grains, and drop and drop makes an inundation.
7. A little bird wants but a little nest.
8. A little body doth often harbour a great soul.
9. A little debt makes a debtor, a great one an enemy.
10. A man profits more by the sight of an idiot than by the orations of the learned.
11. A promise is a cloud; fulfillment is rain.
12. A sense of humor is the pole that adds balance to our steps as we walk the tightrope of life.
13. A thousand curses never tore a shirt.
14. A wise man associating with the vicious becomes an idiot; a dog travelling with good men becomes a rational being.
15. A wise man's day is worth a fool's life.
16. All mankind is divided into three classes: those that are immovable, those that are moveable, and those that move.
17. All strangers are relations to each other.
18. All sunshine makes a desert.
19. An army of sheep led by a lion would defeat an army of lions led by a sheep.
20. Ask me what are my virtues, not about the color of my skin.