22 Amharic Proverbs
1. A disease that fails to finsh us off will continue being condemned forever.
2. A fool bull will look only for the green grass without looking the danger of toppling over the steep valley.
3. A man who will go mad next year starts to roll up his sleeves this year.
4. As porridge benefits those who heat and eat it, so does a child benefit those that rear it.
5. By his own hand he wrapped the snake around his neck.
6. He who knows much speaks with silence.
7. If I could see your face, I would not need food.
8. If left on one side it will burn.
9. If you spit laying down it will only come back in your mouth.
10. It is better to do things when you can prevent them than to cry when you are already suffering and nothing can be done anymore.
11. Little by little, an egg will walk.
12. May the crazy not die to make people laugh.
13. One can not stop sleeping in fear of bad dreams.
14. One sent by a woman does not fear death.
15. Slowly, slowly, even an egg will walk.
16. The one who persists in asking question he learn the death of his Mother.
17. The poor man pleads, the judge listens.
18. They snatched from me my own cry.
19. To lie about a far country is easy.
20. When spider webs unite, they can tie up a lion.