43 American Proverbs about FriendsView All Proverbs about Friends
1. Don't allow the grass to grow on the path of friendship.
2. If men could see the epitaphs their friends write they would believe they had gotten into the wrong grave.
3. There are three faithful friends: an old wife, an old dog, and ready money.
4. Choose your friends like your books, few but choice.
5. The more arguments you win, the less friends you will have.
6. He who laughs at others' woes finds few friends and many foes.
7. False friends are worse than open enemies.
8. It takes half your life to learn who your friends are and the other half to keep them.
9. A benevolent man should allow a few faults in himself to keeps his friends in countenance.
10. Three faithful friends: an old wife, an old dog, and ready money.
11. Envy is destroyed by true friendship.
12. Comparisons make enemies of our friends.
13. Never drop the friends you made on the way up. You may need them on the way down.
14. You will always be lucky if you know how to make friends with strange cats.
15. True friends are like diamonds, precious and rare; false ones like autumn leaves, found everywhere.
16. A fool has few friends.
17. A man is known by his friends.
18. Adversity has no friends.
19. Bought friends are not friends indeed.
20. Candour will lose you some friends, but not as many as deceit.
Proverbs about Friends
Quotes related to Friends by Power Quotations