75 American Proverbs about FriendView All Proverbs about Friend
1. A dog is a man's best friend.
2. Before borrowing money from a friend decide which you need most.
3. Don't allow the grass to grow on the path of friendship.
4. If men could see the epitaphs their friends write they would believe they had gotten into the wrong grave.
5. There are three faithful friends: an old wife, an old dog, and ready money.
6. A good friend is someone who will bail you out of jail, but your best friend is the one sitting next to you saying "that was fucking awesome".
7. Choose your friends like your books, few but choice.
8. The more arguments you win, the less friends you will have.
9. He who laughs at others' woes finds few friends and many foes.
10. To have a friend, close one eye; to keep him, close both.
11. False friends are worse than open enemies.
12. A reconciled friend is a double enemy.
13. It takes half your life to learn who your friends are and the other half to keep them.
14. A friend won with a feather can be lost with a straw.
15. A friend at hand is better than a relative at a distance.
16. A benevolent man should allow a few faults in himself to keeps his friends in countenance.
17. Three faithful friends: an old wife, an old dog, and ready money.
18. Envy is destroyed by true friendship.
19. A friend's envy is worse than an enemy's hatred.
20. Comparisons make enemies of our friends.
Proverbs about Friend
Quotes related to Friend by Power Quotations