48 Albanian Proverbs
1. A day without work can yield a night without sleep.
2. A dry bone is never licked.
3. A tailless dog cannot express his joy.
4. After shaking hands with a Greek, count your fingers.
5. Brotherly love for brotherly love, but cheese for money.
6. Don't put gold buttons on a torn coat.
7. Don't put golden buttons on a torn coat.
8. Even the hen looks toward heaven when she drinks.
9. Every guest hates the others, and the host hates them all.
10. Fire is a good slave, but a bad master.
11. Fire, water and government know nothing of mercy.
12. Hard heads suffer much.
13. He who can read and write has four eyes.
14. He who hesitates, regrets.
15. He who is not drunk on a Sunday is not worth a greeting on Monday.
16. He who leans against a big tree will always find shade.
17. If you are in the house of a friend, bad times are soon forgotten.
18. If you fear God, you won't fear humans.
19. If you have figs in your knapsack, everyone will want to be your friend.
20. If your neighbor is an early riser, you too will become one.