30 Akan Proverbs / Page 2
21. The puff adder that cannot fly has caught the hornbill that flies.
22. The rain wets the leopard's spots but does not wash them off.
23. The tsetse-fly is perched on the tortoise's back in vain.
24. There is nothing wrong with learning from hindsight.
25. When a shield wears out, the framework still remains.
26. When the hen steps on the feet of her chicken, she does not mean to kill them.
27. When you go to a town and you see the chief of the town is in handcuffs, you do not ask whether everything is alright in that town.
28. Wisdom is not like money to be tied up and hidden.
29. You are the subject of he whose handcuffs you wear.
30. You do not need a big stick to break a cock's head.