31 African Proverbs about TellView All Proverbs about Tell
1. Whoever tells the truth is chased out of nine villages.
2. "Come and I'll tell you something," tickles the ear.
3. You can tell a ripe corn by its look.
4. If someone is walking towards you, you don't need to tell him "come here."
5. If you see someone riding a bamboo-cane, tell him "What a lovely horse!"
6. A canoe peddler doesn't tell the crocodile he has along snout until he's crossed the river.
7. A leader is he who tells his people what they must hear, not what they want to hear.
8. By the time you tell a secret to a mad person then a normal person you cannot see.
9. Don't tell your important secret to your friend because your friend has his other friends as well.
10. He who asks you to converse ends up telling others that you're shouting.
11. He who is intelligent is taught.
12. If the fish comes out of the river to tell you that the crocodile has one eye, you should believe it.
13. It's better to be punished for telling the truth than to be rewarded for saying lies.
14. It's better to know yourself that someone to tell you who you're.
15. It's not the aroma of the soup that tells you whether it's sweet or not, but it's the tongue's taste.
16. It's useless to tell a river to stop running; the best thing is to learn how to swim in the direction it's flowing.
17. Only a knife can best tell a child when to leave it.
18. Sometimes the face can tell what the lips can't say.
19. Tell your friend a lie, if he keeps it secret, then tell him the truth.
20. The eye cannot bear loads yet it can tell heavy objects from light ones.
Proverbs about Tell
Quotes related to Tell by Power Quotations