18 African Proverbs about FoodView All Proverbs about Food
1. The chicken that digs for food will not sleep hungry.
2. Even the best cooking pot will not produce food.
3. Food you will not eat you do not boil.
4. A bad cook also has his/her share of the bad food.
5. A spider's cobweb isn't only its sleeping spring but also its food trap.
6. Food gained by fraud tastes sweet to a man, but he ends up with gravel in his mouth.
7. Good music goes with good food.
8. He who doesn't clean his mouth before breakfast always complains that the food is sour.
9. If you give bad food to your stomach, it drums for you to dance.
10. One who eats alone cannot discuss the taste of the food with others.
11. The forest not only hides man's enemies but its full of man's medicine, healing power and food.
12. The man who counts the bits of food he swallows is never satisfied.
13. The mouth is stupid after eating it forgets who gave it the food.
14. Water is colourless and tasteless but you can live on it longer than eating food.
15. You cannot work for food when there is no food for work.
16. You should know what's being cooked in the kitchen otherwise you might eat a forbidden food.
17. Your food is supposed to be your medicine and your medicine is supposed to be your food.
18. The best of mankind is a farmer; the best food is fruit.
Proverbs about Food
Quotes related to Food by Power Quotations