33 African Proverbs about AwayView All Proverbs about Away
1. Do not throw away the oars before the boat reaches the shore.
2. If you want to clean the land secretly, the noise of the axe will give you away.
3. "What's all the fuss?" said the crane after the eel had slipped away. "I never liked fish anyway."
4. Beat one dog and the others will run away.
5. He who betrays you is not one from far away.
6. Human blood is heavy; he who has shed it cannot run away.
7. Nothing wipes your tears away but your own hand.
8. The thrower of stones throws away the strength of his own arm.
9. If you have a dog, don't throw away bones.
10. He who runs after good fortune runs away from peace.
11. A cow without a tail should not try to chase away flies.
12. Better a calamity to be far away.
13. Do not run away from a pond of water.
14. Don't throw away your nets if you catch nothing, you never know what the gods are planning next.
15. He who is close to you knows more about you than he who is far away.
16. If a bachelor who uses firewood for cooking runs away in the morning to avoid removing the ash; he will have to deal with it when he comes back.
17. If an insect as ever bit you when you see it, you kill it or run away.
18. If you see an animal running in the early morning know that it is running away from something more scarily than the due.
19. Money is like the waters of a sailing river it flows away.
20. The best way to catch a bird is not by scaring it away.
Proverbs about Away
Quotes related to Away by Power Quotations