2049 African Proverbs / Page 3.
41. A child among elders converses with its ears.
42. A child can play with its mother's breasts, but not its father's testicles.
43. A child doesn't belong to the father or mother; a child belongs to the ancestors.
44. A child doesn't breast-feed from a stepmother if its mother is still alive.
45. A child while bathing only scrubs its stomach.
46. A child who eats too much shouldn't blame is buttock.
47. A child who is fearless is going to bring tears to his mother's eyes.
48. A child who knows how to wash his hands will eat with the chiefs.
49. A child who protested when being stripped on the back by its mother, it's humbled by the scorching sun when left to walk.
50. A child's fingers are not scalded by a piece of hot yam which his mother puts into his palm.
51. A child's hand is not burned by hot yam which is placed into his palm by his mother.
52. A clean conscience makes a soft pillow.
53. A clear conscience fears no accusation.
54. A cloudy sky doesn't always cry rain.
55. A cock says it's because of the situation it is faced with that it has its knees in the opposite direction.
56. A comb becomes bad when it hurts you.
57. A corn swallowed by a fowl will never germinate in its belly.
58. A corpse doesn't have time to cover its pubic region.
59. A cow must graze where she is tied.
60. A cow without a tail should not try to chase away flies.