2049 African Proverbs
1. "Come and I'll tell you something," tickles the ear.
2. "What's all the fuss?" said the crane after the eel had slipped away. "I never liked fish anyway."
3. A baby on its mother's back doesn't know the journey is long.
4. A bachelor should always spend minimum time with a friend's wife.
5. A bachelor's wife doesn't have ears.
6. A bad cook also has his/her share of the bad food.
7. A bad habit is like fire you can't play with it and expect not to get burnt.
8. A bad wound deserves strong medicine.
9. A barber does not shave himself.
10. A barren woman is like a leaking pot.
11. A beautiful one hurts the heart.
12. A beggar won't mind being insulted.
13. A beggar's knees are supple.
14. A big fish is caught with big bait.
15. A bird doesn't alert his fellow bird that a stone is coming.
16. A bird doesn't forget one who killed off his feathers during the rain season.
17. A bird may fly off the earth and land on an anthill, but it will still be on the ground.
18. A bird that flies off the earth and lands on an anthill is still on the ground.
19. A bird that prays for rain will find its self soaked.
20. A bird with fire on its tail burns its own nest.