12 African Congo Proverbs.
1. A single bracelet does not jingle.
2. Children are the reward of life.
3. Death does not sound a trumpet.
4. Little by little grow the bananas.
5. Love is like a baby: it needs to be treated tenderly.
6. Man is like palm-wine: when young, sweet but without strength; in old age, strong but harsh.
7. No matter how long the night, the day is sure to come.
8. Sleep is the cousin of death.
9. The friends of our friends are our friends.
10. Those who are absent are always wrong.
11. To love someone who does not love you, is like shaking a tree to make the dew drops fall.
12. You do not teach the paths of the forest to an old gorilla.
12 African Congo Proverbs