31 African American Proverbs / Page 2.
21. Rooster makes mo' racket dan de hen w'at lay de aig.
22. Talkin' 'bout fire doesn't boil the pot.
23. Tell me whom you love, and I'll tell you who you are.
24. The blacker the berry the sweeter the juice.
25. The rainbow might be better lookin' if 'twasn't such a cheap show.
26. The squirrel can beat the rabbit climbing a tree, but then the rabbit makes the best stew that sort of equalizes the thing.
27. The very time I thought I was lost, my dungeon shook and my chains fell off.
28. The worm don't see nothing pretty in the robin's song.
29. Wagon makes the loudest noise when it's goin' out empty.
30. We ain't what we want to be; we ain't what we gonna be; but thank God, we ain't what we was.
31. When the bait is more than the fish, 'tis time to stop fishing.