231 Afghan Proverbs / Page 2.
21. A porcupine speaking to its baby says, "O my child of velvet."
22. A real friend is one who takes the hand of his friend in times of distress and helplessness.
23. A real friend takes the hand of his friend in overwhelming worry and fire.
24. A river is made drop by drop.
25. A river is not cntaminated by having a dog drink from it.
26. A river is not contaminated by having a dog drink from it.
27. A sandal is not a shoe; a cap is not a turban.
28. A stick for the nobody, a hint for the nobleman.
29. A tilted load won't reach its destination.
30. A tree does not move unless there is wind.
31. A tree doesn't move unless there is wind.
32. A wanton eye is the messenger of a lusting heart.
33. A warm fire is better than any delicious food.
34. A warm fire is better than delicious cooked rice.
35. A wise enemy is better than a foolish friend.
36. A wolf's pup will grow into a wolf even though it be raised among men.
37. A wound will heal. Talk won't.
38. After every darkness is light.
39. Allah has said, "Start moving so that I may start blessing."
40. An intelligent enemy rather than a foolish friend.