231 Afghan Proverbs / Page 12.
221. While the butchers were arguing, the cow dropped dead.
222. Whosoever eats bread without first washing his hands, it is as though he had sinned with a harlot.
223. Without a green switch the ox and the donkey won't obey.
224. Without investigating the water, don't take off your shoes.
225. You can beat anyone if you have a golden slipper.
226. You can use salt to prevent meat from rotting, but what will you use to prevent salt from rotting?
227. You can't clap with one hand.
228. You can't flee your lot nor share it with another.
229. You stored your milk in a straining metal... and now you are complaining about bad luck?
230. You talk sweet like the bulbul bird.
231. Your aspirations are in heaven, but your brains are in your feet.