231 Afghan Proverbs
1. A bad wound heals, but a bad word doesn't.
2. A bird only flies as high as his wings take him.
3. A broken hand can work but a broken heart can't.
4. A cheap thing doesn't lack defect, nor an expensive thing quality.
5. A donkey has two friends: his two hind legs.
6. A drunken donkey will not remember the monkeys bite.
7. A fish with teeth tastes the same as fish without.
8. A fox is in trouble because of his own pelt.
9. A frog hopped onto a wall and cried, 'I can see Kashmir!'
10. A good year is determined by its spring.
11. A lame crab walks straight.
12. A leopard's spots: or, what is bred in the babe will come out in the flesh.
13. A liar is forgetful.
14. A lion at home, and a fox abroad.
15. A little water is a sea to an ant.
16. A mother and daughter fought, and fool thought they meant it.
17. A mother won't give milk to her child until he cries.
18. A mountain doesn't reach out to mountain, a man is reaching out to a man.
19. A new servant can catch a running deer.
20. A palm tree growing in the shade will not bear ripe fruit.