16 Acholi Proverbs.
1. A crazy man can be recognised not by his words, but by his actions.
2. A dog knows the places he is thrown food.
3. A monkey left behind laughs at the others tail.
4. Death is a scar that never heals.
5. Each rat with its own whisker.
6. Just because you are poor does not mean you have to sleep with your mother.
7. Old and new millet seeds end up in the same mill.
8. Staying near the anthill turned the antelope brown.
9. The first may become the last.
10. The growing millet does not fear the sun.
11. The old pumpkin in the courtyard shall not be uprooted.
12. The one who asks commits no sin.
13. The pot of water falls from your head when you have just reached the door of your homestead.
14. When a lion roars, he does not catch game.
15. When two elephants fight, it is the grass that suffers.
16. Women have no chief.
16 Acholi Proverbs