236 Proverbs about Wood
1. Green wood gives more smoke than heat.
2. Crooked wood burns quite as well as straight.
3. He that peeps into every bush will hardly get into the wood.
4. He that picks up all sorts of wood, soon gets an armful.
5. If the wolf had stayed in the wood there would have been no hue and cry after him.
6. If wood-hewing were an order, there would be fewer monks.
7. Misfortune, wood, and hair, grow throughout the year.
8. The man in the moon stole the wood.
9. The wood has ears, the field has eyes.
10. Woods have ears, fields have eyes.
11. Hunger drives the wolf out of the wood.
12. The human heart is neither of stone nor wood.
13. The clog and amida are both from the same piece of wood.
14. Young wood makes a hot fire.
15. Burn one day's gathering of firewood on the same day.
16. Honing your hatchet will not delay your effort of wood cutting.
17. Putting out a fire while holding firewood.
18. Remove firewood from under a pot.
19. So long as the green mountains are preserved, there will be no shortage of firewood supply.
20. A closed mind is like a closed book; just a block of wood.
Quotes related to Wood by Power Quotations