291 Proverbs about Tongue
1. The devil makes his Christmas pies of lawyers' tongues and clerk's fingers.
2. A honey tongue, a heart of gall.
3. Don't let your tongue say what your head may have to pay for.
4. The wise person has long ears and a short tongue.
5. Truth is for the ears what smoke is for the eyes and vinegar for the tongue.
6. Let him who is well off hold his tongue.
7. Nature has given us two ears, two eyes, and but one tongue.
8. Nothing looks more like a man of sense than a fool who holds his tongue.
9. The wise man has long ears and a short tongue.
10. Truth makes the tongue smart.
11. Nothing looks so like a man of sense as a fool who holds his tongue.
12. The tongue of woman is her sword, which never rusts.
13. Forgetting your native tongue means forgetting your native country.
14. The tongue is but three inches long, yet it can kill a man six feet high.
15. The tongue is more to be feared than the sword.
16. A three inch tongue -- the iron bulwark of politics.
17. Loose tongues are worse than wicked hands.
18. Teach your tongue to say "I don't know" instead of to make up something.
19. Nature has given us two ears, two eyes, and but one tongue; to the end we should hear and see more than we speak.
20. It is easier to talk than to hold one's tongue.
Quotes related to Tongue by Power Quotations