77 Proverbs about Swallow
1. A person whose heart is not content is like a snake which tries to swallow an elephant.
2. Defeat isn't bitter if you don't swallow it.
3. Hot sup, hot swallow.
4. Pills must be swallowed without chewing.
5. The interested friend is a swallow on the roof.
6. There is no flavour in a swallowed morsel.
7. Wine poured out is not wine swallowed.
8. A blind man swallows many a fly.
9. It is idle to swallow the cow and choke on the tail.
10. It's not healthy to swallow books without chewing.
11. No one can blow and swallow at the same time.
12. If you have to swallow a frog, try not to think about it. If you have to swallow two frogs, don't swallow the smaller one first.
13. He that has swallowed the devil may swallow his horns.
14. Eat the wind and swallow bitterness.
15. He avoided the fly and swallowed the spider.
16. One cannot blow and swallow at the same time.
17. The robin and the wren are God's cock and hen; the martin and the swallow are God's mate and marrow.
18. Flattery is sweet food for those who can swallow it.
19. It is as bad to spit out the fire and be shamed, as it is to swallow it and be burnt.
20. You cannot swallow hot milk, nor can you throw it away.
Quotes related to Swallow by Power Quotations