207 Proverbs about Skin
1. A cat has nine lives, as the onion seven skins.
2. Buying is cheaper than asking.
3. Don't sell the bear-skin before you have killed the bear.
4. Never give the skin when you can pay with the wool.
5. The fox changes his skin, but keeps the rogue.
6. There come just as many calf-skins as cow-skins to market.
7. Where the lion's skin falls short, borrow of the fox.
8. It is good to sleep in a whole skin.
9. The skinnier the dog, the more fleas he has.
10. Don't estimate the value of a badger skin before catching the badger.
11. A tiger dies and leaves his skin; a man dies and leaves his name.
12. Count the skins of badgers which haven't been caught.
13. A man's good name is as precious to him as its skin is to a tiger.
14. Beauty is skin deep.
15. If the skin of your belly is tight, the skin of your eyelids can sleep.
16. Tigers die and leave their skins; people die and leave their names.
17. A man with a skinny wife is a deceitful man.
18. Of a dead leopard we keep the skin, of man his reputation.
19. A horse with two masters is always skinny; the ship with two captains sinks.
20. Even a sheep with the skin of a tiger is afraid of the wolf.
Quotes related to Skin by Power Quotations