33 Proverbs about Shepherd
1. An easy shepherd makes the wolf void wool.
2. He who has daughters is always a shepherd.
3. If wishes were true, shepherds would be kings.
4. Red sky at night, shepherd's delight; red sky in the morning, shepherd's warning.
5. Straying shepherd, straying sheep.
6. When shepherds quarrel, the wolf has a winning game.
7. When the dog is awake, the shepherd may sleep.
8. The good shepherd shears, not flays.
9. It is the part of a good shepherd to shear his flock, not to skin it.
10. The more shepherds the less care.
11. When many shepherds tend the sheep, they but so much the longer sleep.
12. When the shepherd strays, the sheep stray.
13. Red sky at night: shepherd's delight. Red sky in the morning: shepherd's warning.
14. "I will not bite any dog," says the shepherd's dog, "for I must save my teeth for the wolf."
15. The more shepherds there are, the worse the flocks are watched.
16. If God listened to every shepherd's curse, our sheep would all be dead.
17. The wolf can always be hired very cheap as a shepherd.
18. The wolf will hire himself out very cheaply as a shepherd.
19. Without the shepherd, sheep are not a flock.
20. Red sky at night, shepherd's delight; red sky in the morning, shepherd's warning.
Quotes related to Shepherd by Power Quotations