240 Proverbs about River
1. Many shun the brook, and fall into the river.
2. The ass and his driver do not think alike.
3. Before God and the bus driver we are all equal.
4. More people drown in glasses than in rivers.
5. The country is in ruins, and there are still mountains and rivers.
6. Destroy a country, but its mountains and rivers remain.
7. If you sit by the river long enough, you will see the body of your enemy float by.
8. Time is a river of passing events -- a rushing torrent.
9. A bird cannot roost but on one branch. a mouse can drink no more than its fill from a river.
10. A buddha made of mud crossing a river cannot protect even himself.
11. It takes more than one cold day for a river to freeze three feet deep.
12. Time is like a river - it flows by and doesn't return.
13. It is too late for a galloping horse to stop at a clip; it is useless for a sinking boat to be mended in the middle of a river.
14. Living at a river, one comes to know the nature of the fish therein; Dwelling by a mountain, one learns to recognize the language of the birds thereupon.
15. One who walks along a river frequently cannot avoid getting his shoes wet.
16. Watch the fire burn on the other side of the river.
17. Only the man who crosses the river at night knows the value of the light of day.
18. A bird can roost but on one branch, a mouse can drink not more than its fill from a river.
19. Do not insult the crocodile until you've crossed the river.
20. Enough shovels of earth make a mountain, enough pails of water a river.
Quotes related to River by Power Quotations