448 Proverbs about Once
1. Better ask twice than go wrong once.
2. Borrowing does well only once.
3. Even the best hack stumbles once.
4. Every priestling conceals a popeling.
5. He who conceits himself wise, has an ass near at hand.
6. He who has once burnt his mouth always blows his soup.
7. He who has once invited the devil into his house, will never be rid of him.
8. Love, fire, a cough, the itch, and gout are not to be concealed.
9. Man loves but once.
10. Neighbour once over the hedge, neighbour over it again.
11. Once is people's mouths, 'tis hard to get well out of them.
12. Once upon a time, no time.
13. Promises are like the full moon: if they are not kept at once they diminish day by day.
14. Summer sown corn and women's advice turn out once in every seven years.
15. The concealer is as bad as the thief.
16. What soberness conceals, drunkenness reveals.
17. Who deceives me once, shame on him; if he deceive me twice, shame on me.
18. Opportunity only knocks once.
19. Once a thief, always a thief.
20. Once a whore, always a whore.
Quotes related to Once by Power Quotations