453 Proverbs about Mother
1. An ounce of mother-wit is worth a pound of school-wit.
2. Daughter-in-law hates mother-in-law.
3. Every mother's child is handsome.
4. He who wipes the child's nose, means to kiss the mother's cheek.
5. He who would the daughter win, with the mother must begin.
6. Mother's truth keeps constant youth.
7. Mother, I must have a husband, or I shall set fire to the house.
8. One kisses the child for the mother's sake, and the mother for the child's sake.
9. The husband's mother is the wife's devil.
10. Who takes the child by the hand takes the mother by the heart.
11. "Age before beauty," said the devil as he threw his grandmother off' the stairs.
12. An ounce of a mother's wit is worth a pound of schoolgirl's wit.
13. Even the devil's grandmother was a nice girl when she was young.
14. I give a present to the mother but I think of the daughter.
15. Sloth is the mother of poverty.
16. Brides and mothers-in-law are like dogs and monkeys.
17. Never rely on the glory of the morning nor the smiles of your mother-in-law.
18. Advertising is the mother of trade.
19. The goodness of the father reaches higher than a mountain; that of the mother goes deeper than the ocean.
20. God couldn't be everywhere, so he created mothers.
Quotes related to Mother by Power Quotations