177 Proverbs about Meat
1. Priestly knaves sweat hard at their meat, but never at work get into a heat.
2. Quick at meat, quick at work.
3. What's one man's meat's another man's poison.
4. After meat comes mustard.
5. One's own meat dishes are not as delicious as other's vegetarian ones.
6. Of all meat in the world drink goes down the best.
7. You buy land, you buy stones; you buy meat, you buy bones.
8. You can't fare well, but you must cry roast meat.
9. A dead songbird gives us no meat.
10. Look not at thieves eating meat, but look at them suffering punishment.
11. After meat comes mustard.
12. Far fetched and dear bought is meat for ladies.
13. God sent him meat, but the devil cooked it.
14. A hungry man smells meat far.
15. Ane mans meat is another mans poyson.
16. Bread and cheese is gude to eat when folk can get nae ither meat.
17. Gie ye meat, drink, an cleas, an ye'll beg amang yer freends.
18. God ne'er sent the mouth, but he sent the meat wi't.
19. Meat is gude, but mense is better.
20. He can hide his meat and seek mair.
Quotes related to Meat by Power Quotations