129 Proverbs about Looks
1. Nothing looks so like a man of sense as a fool who holds his tongue.
2. He who looks on know more of the game than he who plays.
3. Nothing looks more like a man of sense than a fool who holds his tongue.
4. The devil looks after his own.
5. No more teachers, no more books, no more teacher's dirty looks.
6. Charity looks at the need and not at the cause.
7. Cold tea and cold rice are tolerable; cold looks and cold words aren't.
8. Cold tea and cold rice are bearable, but cold looks and cold words are not.
9. From the lowly perspective of a dog's eyes, everyone looks short.
10. When a finger is pointing at the moon, the fool looks at the finger.
11. When a finger points at the moon, the imbecile looks at the finger.
12. People can no more be judged by their looks than the sea can be measured in bushels.
13. He who looks only at heaven may easily break his nose on earth.
14. The boor looks after a cent as the devil after a soul.
15. He that looks to freets, freets follow him.
16. She looks as if butter would not melt in her mouth.
17. He looks as if the wood were fu' o' thieves.
18. A man is as old as he feels, and a woman as old as she looks.
19. When your only tool is a hammer, every problem looks like a nail.
20. When all you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail.
Quotes related to Looks by Power Quotations