259 Proverbs about Lack
1. Black cows give white milk.
2. Folks say there is a lack of four sorts of people on earth: of priests, else one would not have six or seven benefices; of gentleman, else every boor would not want to be a squire; of whores, else married women and nuns would not carry on the trade; of Jews, else Christians would not practise usury.
3. He who blackens others does not whiten himself.
4. One cannot wash a blackamoor white.
5. The devil is never so black as he is painted.
6. When a dove begins to associate with crows its feathers remain white but its heart grows black.
7. When a dove begins to fly with crows, its feathers remain white but its heart grows black.
8. Only lawyers and painters can turn white to black.
9. You will lack nothing if you think privation is always with you.
10. Think not on what you lack as much as on what you have.
11. The house of envy lies in the lowest hollows, golden, sunless, breathed upon by no wind, grim and filled full of inert chill, and lacking warmth, is always roiled in fog.
12. He who stays near vermilion gets stained red; he who stays near ink gets stained black.
13. Do not create in anger what you lack in reason.
14. A fu purse never lacks freends.
15. A whitewashed crow soon shows black again.
16. Crows everywhere are equally black.
17. In every family's cooking pot is one black spot.
18. The black dog gets the food; the white dog gets the blame.
19. The country where flowers are expensive lacks the foundation of culture.
20. Too much spirit shows a lack of it.
Quotes related to Lack by Power Quotations