624 Proverbs about House
1. A woman and a stove may not leave the house.
2. He who invites storks must have frogs in the house.
3. Street angel, house devil.
4. The fingers of the housewife do more than a yoke of oxen.
5. Three things come into the house uninvited: debts, age, and death.
6. An old broom knows the corners of the house.
7. Fools build houses, wise men buy them.
8. Half a house is half a hell.
9. He who buys a house gets many a plank and nail for nothing.
10. He who has once invited the devil into his house, will never be rid of him.
11. He who lives in a glass house should be the last to throw stones.
12. High houses are mostly empty in the upper story.
13. In old houses many mice, in old furs many lice.
14. It is a bad hen that lays in neighbour's houses.
15. Marrying is easy, but housekeeping is hard.
16. Mother, I must have a husband, or I shall set fire to the house.
17. No house without a mouse, no barn without corn, no rose without a thorn.
18. Trueman's house stands the longest.
19. Two cats and one mouse, two women in one house, two dogs to one bone, will not agree long.
20. Were a woman rules the house, the devil is serving-man.
Quotes related to House by Power Quotations