108 Proverbs about Four
1. Four eyes see more than two.
2. Folks say there is a lack of four sorts of people on earth: of priests, else one would not have six or seven benefices; of gentleman, else every boor would not want to be a squire; of whores, else married women and nuns would not carry on the trade; of Jews, else Christians would not practise usury.
3. One white foot, buy him; two white feet, try him; three white feet, look well about him; four white feet, go without him.
4. Thirteen nuns, fourteen children.
5. One word let slip and four horses would fail to catch it.
6. A statement once let loose cannot be caught by four horses.
7. When two divorced people marry, four people get into bed.
8. Within the four seas all man are brethren.
9. Four horses cannot overtake the tongue.
10. Four things come not back: the spoken word, the spent arrow, the past life, and the neglected opportunity.
11. A horse may stumble, though he has four feet.
12. A usurer, a miller, a banker, and a publican, are the four evangelists of Lucifer.
13. He who dies not in his twenty-third year, drowns not in his twenty-fourth, and is not slain in his twenty-fifth, may boast of good days.
14. The devil's in the cards, said Sam, four aces and not a single trump.
15. One for sorrow, two for joy, Three for a girl, four for a boy. Five for silver, six for gold, And seven for a secret that must never be told.
16. Fourty Two is the answer.
17. Man with four balls can't walk.
18. Four things come not back -- the spoken word, the sped arrow, the past life, and the neglected opportunity.
19. There are four things Allah cannot do: lie, deny himself, die or look favorably on sin.
20. When a four-year child is still crawling instead of walking it is time to cry out.
Quotes related to Four by Power Quotations