1049 Proverbs about Even
1. A cat has nine lives, as the onion seven skins.
2. At evening the sluggard is busy.
3. Constant occupation prevents temptation.
4. Don't get mad, get even.
5. Even a hair casts its shadow.
6. Even the best hack stumbles once.
7. Even the lion must defend himself against the flies.
8. Every one is wise after the event.
9. Folks say there is a lack of four sorts of people on earth: of priests, else one would not have six or seven benefices; of gentleman, else every boor would not want to be a squire; of whores, else married women and nuns would not carry on the trade; of Jews, else Christians would not practise usury.
10. For the diligent, a week has seven days; for the slothful, seven tomorrows.
11. In the evening one may praise the day.
12. Knowing hens lay even in nettles.
13. Many look with one eye at what they give, but with seven at what they receive.
14. Nature draws stronger then seven oxen.
15. Necessity teaches even the lame to dance.
16. One can speak and seven can sing.
17. One fool may ask more questions than seven wise men can answer.
18. Poverty is cunning; it catches even a fox.
19. Priests even smile pleasantly on young women.
20. Revenge converts a little right into a great wrong.
Quotes related to Even by Power Quotations