139 Proverbs about Book
1. More is to be got from one teacher than from two books.
2. A pack of cards is the devil's prayer-book.
3. A teacher is better than two books.
4. It's not healthy to swallow books without chewing.
5. No more teachers, no more books, no more teacher's dirty looks.
6. A good book praises itself.
7. Books are preserved parts of minds.
8. Only through suffering and sorrow do we acquire the wisdom not found in books.
9. Knowledge without wisdom is a load of books on the back of an ass.
10. There is no book that contains absolutely nothing bad, and there is no book that contains absolutely nothing good.
11. The person who is his own master cannot tolerate another boss. It's better to be without a book than to believe a book entirely. When economy goes south, people get political.
12. Every book must be chewed to get out its juice.
13. A closed mind is like a closed book; just a block of wood.
14. A wicked book cannot repent.
15. It is better to be entirely without a book than to believe it entirely.
16. Many books do not use up words; many words do not use up thoughts.
17. Scholars talk books, butchers talk pigs.
18. Schoolmaster, stick to your books; farmer, to your pigs.
19. Unplowed fields make hollow bellies; unread books make hollow minds.
20. A book is like a garden carried in the pocket.
Quotes related to Book by Power Quotations